Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven. Psalm 148:13
It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see. – Henry David Thoreau
I’ve come to learn that it’s all about perspective. Life changes when you change your perspective. But when life’s chaos screams loud and all you hear are the beckoning of financial stress, broken relationships, health issues, etc., it’s difficult to focus beyond the noise. So, how do we change our perspective in those moments of heartache?
We cling to the good. Filling our mental cup with God’s goodness leaves little room to focus on difficulty, doubt and discouragement. And we remember most importantly, above all else, that God is worthy. Through life’s ups and downs, He deserves all glory and honor. In fact, all we do should be done to glorify Him! (1 Corinthians 10:31) We trust that no matter the circumstance, God is in control, He is good and He still reigns.
So today, will you join me in praising our Heavenly Father? He is worthy to be praised for who He is and the work He is doing in our lives – seen and unseen. Feel free to use the thoughts below as a guide.
- Celebrate who God is. Praise Him for being ___________, ____________, and ____________. (Psalm 100:1-3)
- Praise God for His salvation and unconditional love. (Romans 5:8)
- Praise God for the work of His hands. How is He working in your life right now? (Isaiah 64:4)
- Praise God for His provision and protection. How has He provided for you recently? (Matthew 6:31-33)
- Praise God for hearing and delivering you. What prayer requests has He answered recently? (Psalm 34:4)
- God’s word is true! Praise Him for His perfect word that guides you, restores you and sharpens you to be more like Him. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)